Eric "Soyung" Scukanec Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Public Discussion' started by Terra, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Shakerdeeps

What the....

One of the first keys I ran here was with him. May he rest in piece... fellow 1985er.

2. Lionkingbtw

Friend

There was a fight in Uldir where Soyung and I were in the same group. It can be said that we were the best group, but we were the best group because of Soyung. And that's just what he did all of the time. Everyone around him he always made better. He made everyone the best version of themselves. He was so caring, giving, and loving, and always down to help out anyone if they ever needed it. It's been so hard trying to come up with just one memory, because the plethora of memories I have with him are incredible. I was just going back through my discord messages with him, and crying because he was always so on point, and hilarious, and just so... Funny.

I'll miss you, Soyung. You are one of the great ones this world will miss.

3. Shimmerr

Friend

Echoing what Stogie said, Soyung was always incredibly reliable when I was raiding here. Always discussing strategies and communicating with people without any condescension.

I also remember him for just how damn much he loved this game. Always involved in stuff outside of raiding, he helped tremendously to bring life to the guild.

An incredible loss but I will remember him with great respect.

4. Ultima

Friend

Its been awhile since i have checked in what going on but seeing this is completely devastating! Soyung was a great friend and player. I would spend lots of time just chatting about mage stuff with him and always respected his advice and view points on things. He would even send me tells and encourage me to make puns out of certain situations which always made me laugh. He was always willing to lend a helping hand and would even let me have his mythic+ spot if hew new i still needed my weekly.

He was an awesome guy and I am going to miss him. Of all the mages I have met in this game he was one of the greatest.

#24 Ultima, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. Ayegon

Officer

When Astral came to be, one of our big selling points was to make a place where everyone could play together, chat together, live together. To take someone else's words, we wanted to make this house a home. It may just be a game, but with the amount of time and energy we put into the game it really is much more. Maybe I have never met some of the people here, but with the amount of time and energy I have spent with them we are friends.

Soyung came to us two and a half years ago and really made all the above reality. We spent a lot of time together, whether it be tough bosses, hours of grinding to make our characters just a little better, or just hanging out during the off times he was a joy to be around. Smart, humorous, and willing to help across all facets of the game and life he was one hell of a pick up for us. He impacted everyone whether they were here for a couple weeks or those of us that have been around for years. He was a prime example of what it meant to be Astral.

Hearing that he was so suddenly taken from us was...devastating. I heard on my way out to get food and was in tears by the time I was driving home. But...we push on in his name. He is and was the best of us. Hats of to you Eric, you will be missed by us all.

6. Cutedude

Raider

If Terra is the dad of the guild, Soyung was definitely the cool uncle. Whenever we would have a bad night on whatever progression and tensions would rise up a bit, you could always count on Soyung to bring things back to a good place with either a joke or his awesome laughter. Plus, he was never afraid to join in on some of the goofiest jokes a certain group of us made. As so many others have attested to, he was always willing to help out however he was able to. I am grateful to have known him, and he will be dearly missed.

7. Seenia

Friend

Ill miss Soyung and im still upset about him passing so soon. He always made raid enjoyable, from the jokes he made, to the weeb jokes attacking me. He was always a great guy to be around in raid and outside raid. He made astral feel like home and it wont be the same without him now. We'll all miss you Soyung. <3

8. XPure

Friend

So sorry to see a fellow 1985'er pass so suddenly. He was always willing to help out, and provide a few words of encouragement to me during my time trialing. Reading what everyone has posted here has just enhanced my opinions of him. Gone, but not forgotten.

9. Malvenia

Friend

I don't even know where to begin, but here it goes.

Soyung was someone you wanted to model yourself after. He was always willing to help no matter what or how outlandish the question was. He always took the time to remind people what was going on so they didn't miss out. He knew how to lighten a room, in any situation. He gave expert wisdom out like it was candy, whether it was ingame or life lessons. I will miss Soyung very deeply.

10. Renko

Raider

Many WoW guilds are just that, a Guild. Astral has always tried to be more. Like others have said Astral wanted to be a home. To a lot of us, It succeeded at that because of Soyung.

Soyung was the best of Astral.

At different times he was the most wise, funniest, and calmest voice in the Guild. He was a large part of what made Astral as great as it is. I will miss hearing his voice in Raid, chatting in Discord, or even just seeing him online.